Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Adventures of Thursday and Friday......

Over the past few months I have had the amazing privilege to watch my two nephews, Tyler and Parker. There have been times I wanted to pull my hair out but looking back on our time together I wouldn't trade it for anything........
I have learned so much not only about myself but also about mothers in general. I have a new appreciation of the title of MOM.....yall do soooo much! I thought I knew but I had NO idea. Also, another appreciation of the single mom. I cant get over how much my sister does day after day being the only person to fix the meals, comb hair, brush teeth, dress, change diapers, wipe runny noses, calm crying child, playmate, teacher, rule setter, book reader, doctor, laundry maiden...obviously I could go on and on....im sure to her the tasks are endless. I only did it for 8 hours two days a week and I was pooped.
Im sitting here writing this because tomorrow is probably my last day to watch them on a consistent basis. I have had soooo much fun and have formed a life long bond with both of them that I know will only continue to grow. As their Aunt I hope to be this close them the rest of their lives. Thank you Crystal for letting me be such a big part of Tyler and Parkers life, it is an honor to be their aunt!!
Here are just a few of the fun things we like to do together....


Playing at the "barn" aka potterybarn kids


Parker always slept soo good on the go

Playing in the sand box



Tree Climbing...please dont fall...

Tyler: RayRay I want to climb
Rayanne: I dont know buddy
t: please
r: okay, but Im going to hold you
t: okay RayRay
t: dont hold me, I big boy, i do it
r: hold on tight, dont let go!!!

.


Quality time with Parker while Tyler was napping.....

Playing arcade games....

Tomorrow I plan to take the boys to the Wiggly Play Center...one of our favorite hang outs....

I love you Tyler and Parker <3

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I love these boys. You are so lucky to all live close. Miss you

barrett family said...

Aww, those little munchkins are too cute!!! Congrats on your two year anniversary! Looks like yall had a fun and happy Christmas and New Years!! Miss ya:)

thecobbfamily said...

hey doll... so so glad we got to hang out so much this weekend. I missed you toooo much last week!! AND ... congrats on becoming a member at church. I'm so excited for you guys. And SO glad we have all found a place that overflows our cups .... Can't wait to see ya get "dunked" on March 14th! XOXOX ... OH did I tell you about the poop conversation I had with Tyler on Friday ...

thecobbfamily said...

incase I didn't .... here is the recap ... of tyler's train of thought. Hey Mommy "Monkey's go poo poo?" ... to which I answered yes ... and then in quick succession his thought process:
"mommy ... lions poo poo, giraffes poo poo, birdies poo poo, mommy poo poos, ray ray poo poos .... UNKEY poo poos ... UNKEY STINKEY poo poos" ... it went something like that ... nice right :)