Thursday, May 14, 2009

Adventures in Pregnancy

May started off with a BANG...Literally!!
I was driving to work in a rain storm and lost control of my car. I was driving on the freeway and began spinning out of control after hydroplaning. It was by far the scariest thing ever!! All I could think about as my car was spinning out of control is please don't let anything happen to my sweet little baby!! I was trying to rack my brain about how to handle the spinning (turn into it, break, turn out of it) and I just couldn't come up with what to do. I prayed to God that i wouldn't hit anyone else and that no one would hit me! But then how would I stop spinning?? Eventually my car did stop by hitting the cement barrier in the middle of the highway. Several people st oped to help me...I was a shaking, sobbing mess and could barely function to move my car. After calming down enough to think rationally the first thing that popped in my head was oh my gosh, is the baby okay?? With it being a Saturday I kept trying to call my OB, but the answering service that normally functions after hours, was not picking up...ahhhh...my next step was to call up to my work..I am so lucky to work with some amazing nurses!! My co-workers told me to head to labor and delivery so that I could be monitored...I slowly made my way to the hospital and got pushed on and poked for about 7 hours. The thing they were most concerned with...I was having mild contractions, normally no big deal....but after a car accident they were more concerned.
Finally I got sent home with orders to follow up with my regular OB Monday morning. I spent most of Sunday preoccupied trying not to stress out and knew that God would take care of everything and let my uterus relax. Come Monday morning I talked to my OB...she wanted me back in labor and delivery for some more monitoring to make sure my contractions had let up some. My sweet sister and husband came and spent the better part of the morning keeping me company. We waited and waited and waited for another ultrasound. The waiting paid off...It was so great!! We got to see our sweet little baby moving around so much (maybe she was a little stressed out...sorry Brenn), we got confirmation of those GIRL parts, she weighed 11 ounces, and everything else checked out...no more contractions....YEAH!!!!
All I have to say is Im ready to hire a chauffeur...

Some other exciting things going on in our life....
John has been asked back at Winfree next year. We are so blessed to both have professions that are in high demand and hopefully always will be :o) Not only does he have a wonderful job next year, he also got a raise...GO Hubby..bring home that bacon!!

Also this year was my first mothers day (well kind of) John surprised me with a sweet poem and a framed ultrasound picture of Brennley. He is so great with words and he was just a really sweet gesture...thanks babe!

Earlier this week we got a HUGE surprise on our front porch...A crib and changing table...from Nana Best!!! I am so excited...it is starting to feel more real. Still not 100% on how we are going to do the walls but we ended up picking the nursery that has the yellow, brown and red. I think it is going to look so great!!

Im heading to the doctor tomorrow so I should have an update soon with some pics :o)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a scary thing to go through. God was watching out for you guys and I'm SO happy everything has turned out fine! Can't wait for some ultrasound pics:)

Mrs. Cindy Hull said...

I'm so glad the scare is over and little B is OK. Time to get excited about buying LOTS of stuff! Where can we look at your registry???? Ahhh, I'm so excited!

Lindsay said...

Hi, I'm friends with Crystal. We met at Katrina's. I'm the bow lady...haha! Anyway, I just wanted to check in and see how you were making it during these hot days? Plus, I wanted to be nosey & see some nursery shots :)Take Care!!!